I don’t do New Year resolutions any more, but I do like to plan ahead and set a few manageable goals for the year ahead. My overall theme for the year is going to be ORGANIZE.
This is a goal I’ve had for decades and it is a bit of an overwhelming task. Ten years ago we moved from a big house with a huge basement, attic, and big gargage with attached building into a house with no basement, no attic, no storage shed, and only a small gargage. We had to leave a lot of stuff behind because we simply ran out of space and I have never really recovered from having boxes and stuff jammed every where from floor to ceiling by the movers. I’ve made a huge dent over the years, but much more needs to be done. I work full time and my health was poor and my pain levels were extremely high back then and I weighed over 300 lbs. However, since I lost over 170 lbs and reached my goal weight of 135 lbs in Jan. 2010 I have been able to get a lot more done and I plan to continue making progress in the year ahead. I am not going try for perfection, or set goals that are just to big to actually achieve or set deadlines for myself that are going to cause stress.
Here are a few things I’d like to accomplish next year:
- Strength and Rebirth Circle of Trees Spring Retreat (present two workshops (April)
- Woman I Am Circle of Trees Fall Retreat (present two workshops) (Oct.)
- Finish Qi Gong Therapist class take home exam
- 2nd level Qi Gong Healing class (Oct. – 1 week in CT)
- Family summer vacation (to celebrate my daughter, Angelgirl’s 16th birthday in May)
- Visit with my best friend Mama Kelly at least twice (or more next year) – but since that is based on her schedule, I’ll settle for at least getting to visit once
- Record a review of at least 12 tarot decks and post the videos
- Finishing getting wedding video copied to computer and uploaded to youtube and then posted on blog
- Copy China video to dvd, uploaded to you tube and then posted
- Paint and organize my daughter’s room (she wants to change from pink to green with brown trim; one of her Christmas presents was a new bedding set and new sheets in green and brown)
- Organize and inventory crystals and semi-precious stones and create a few craft projects to sell
- Sort and organize the 6 tall bookshelves in fireplace room and organize the bedroom (clear excess junk, sort all clothes, get a bookshelf, baskets, and storage containers to organize stuff in)
What are your goals for 2012?
Bright blessings, Lady Rose
Related Post: Celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas (includes tips for setting resolutions and goals)
Thurs 13 #9
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants.