13 Highlights of November. Last month I celebrated my one month blogaversary and reviewed the best of October. Now the beginning of another month rolls around and I thought it is a good time to review the best of the previous month and a sneak preview for plans for the upcoming month.
- Accomplishments – Survived spammer and bot attacks that almost shut down the blog. The blog survived thanks to the tireless genius of a friend (Saphrym) who worked behind the scenes helping me. Also thanks go out for a suggestion from a friend on Facebook – I installed 2 very useful wordpress plugins – Bad Behavior and WP-Ban. What a difference – the spam comments have dropped from 40 to 50 a day to 3 or 4. Bad Behavior blocked 15 attacks in the first 20 minutes and still going strong.
- Tweaked the sidebar a bit for better performance (still a work in progress, but striving to make the page easy to load and an enjoyable place to visit). Discovered Pingdom – test website performance, gives lots of useful information. (I don’t understand it all, but I was able to use some of the information to make positive changes.)
- The debut of Cauldron Chat (come sit and chat a spell) – a monthly discussion topic, we can share experiences, information, questions about various topics (and exchange links). December’s chat topic is Crystals.
- November was a very exciting month – I attended the Be Thankful Circle of Trees Retreat and got to share my experience Firewalking
- Shared my experience Arrow Breaking (at the Circle of Trees Retreat)
- Shared my experience Table Tipping (at the Circle of Trees Retreat)
- A favorite post – House Blessing with Crystals.
- Posted my first book review here at Blissful Moon – Chopin and Beyond (my review) (a very interesting book, autobiography of Byron Janis, a famous pianist and includes his encounters with the paranormal throughout his life) To read more about it, Chopin and Beyond: My Extraordinary Life in Music and the Paranormal (Amazon link)
- Looking ahead for month of December and beyond – tomorrow I am going to pick out a healing drum and I will be sure to post photos over the weekend. I’m looking forward to learning more about drumming and hope to find a drumming circle near me that I can attend regularly.
- I am giving two workshops at the Spring Strength and Rebirth Circle of Trees Retreat (April 27-29, 2012) and will be posting more about them and associated tidbits as plans progress (you can read a brief description on their website). This is a wonderful retreat, if you can attend I highly recommend it – there will be lots of workshops, maypole dancing, drumming and a butterfly release too.
- I am expanding my crystal collection and looking forward to sharing photos and information about the various stones (I also have a few big projects in the works but these will take several months to unfold, so keeping them unwraps for now).
- There are a few things on my to do list that I didn’t get to, so they will get carried over – one is to figure out how to get my Blissful Moon “favicon” to show up. In my favorites list for Blissful Moon it just shows the generic “e” favicon – but maybe it shows up for others *shrugs* – but I’m clueless how to fix the situation, so this may stay on my to do list for awhile.
- Tarot review videos – November was really busy and I didn’t get a chance to make a tarot video. With the Yule holiday coming up, December will most likely be very busy too so I will mostly likely have to postpone starting the video project until next month.
How was your November – blogging and otherwise?
Bright blessings, Lady Rose
Thurs 13 #5
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants.